The question is, now you’ve built it, will they come?
Technology is ever-evolving and being aware of all your options is the first step to being ahead of the trends in the digital space when it comes to communicating with your customers.
It’s all about getting the basics right. And once you have the basics right, there’s a whole spectrum of more sophisticated tactics you can employ to drive further success through e-marketing. The metrics show us that there’s plenty of room for improvement and plenty of rewards waiting for those who do improve and making those improvements.
It’s no exaggeration to describe digital marketing as a business revolution. For the first time, it gives businesses of any size access to the mass market at an affordable price and, unlike TV or print advertising, it allows truly personalised advertising.
Specific benefits of e-marketing are very similar to social media marketing and include:
- Global reach – e-marketing allows you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
- Lower cost – a properly planned and effectively targeted e-marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
- Trackable, measurable results – web analytics and other online metric tools make it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been (you can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising).
- Personalisation – if your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers.
- Openness – by having a social media presence and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
- Social currency – e-marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using different types of rich media. On the Internet, these campaigns can gain social currency, being passed from user to user and becoming viral.
- Improved conversion rates – if you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from completing a purchase. Unlike other media, which require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, e-marketing can be seamless and immediate.
Together, these aspects of e-marketing have the potential to add up to more sales.
Follow Lisa on Twitter or subscribe to her on Facebook. Find out more about Social Media Mastery or visit her website. This blog is published by POMO – a creative agency specialising in customer engagement based in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia.